As one of the top Tampa, Florida roofers, we are available to answer many questions about your Florida roof. Many common questions about roofing in the Tampa area include; “What type of roof is best for me?” and ‘What are my options?” We’ve compared the pros and cons of our main roofing types to help answer these questions.
As a homeowner or commercial property owner, you have a few different roofing options that really work well in the Tampa area. These options include shingle roofing, metal roofing, tile roofing and flat roofing. There are advantages and disadvantages to each of the different styles.
Advantages to shingle roofing include:
- Great resistance to the wind and impact we can experience during storms in the Tampa, FL area.
- Improving energy efficiency during the hot Florida weather and the promotion of air circulation
- Economical, long lasting option
- Available in many colors, sizes, materials and styles
Disadvantages of shingle roofing include:
- Have a shorter live span than more expensive options.
Advantages to metal roofing include:
- Great for areas receiving large amounts of precipitation and wind during storms, like Tampa, Florida.
- May last the homeowner upwards of 50 years
- Reflects the Florida heat, making it more energy efficient
- Available in more colors, styles and textures than other materials
Disadvantages of metal roofing include:
- More Expensive
Advantages to tile roofing include:
- This material is resistant to the harshest conditions faced in Florida
- May last well beyond 100 years!
- “Stylish” and appealing to the eye
- Environmentally friendly
Disadvantages of tile roofing include:
- Tile is a very heavy roofing material
- One of the more costly roof types
Advantages to flat roofing include:
- Easiest roof to inspect
- Cheaper to re-coat
Disadvantages of flat roofing include:
- Requires special expertise
- Regular maintenance
As you can see, when choosing your FL roofing contractor, there are many roofing types and styles to consider. Give American Roofing & Sheet Metal a call to discuss your options.